Monday, June 15, 2009

Jackie Chan Isn't A Good Father

Movies make people look nicer than they actually are. Jackie Chan admits that he is not suited to be a father and barely shows any affection for his son. I've personally always admired Jackie in his movies since I was 2, but that's the thing I have to focus on. MOVIES. That's the only place. Outside of the moving pictures, he's not that fun-loving guy I used to see on the big screen.

Jackie Chan literally scares his son to death. If he was my father, I really would consider doing something completely drastic to danger my life.

Chan said, "I've never taken care of my son nor sent him to school. For the first and only time that I went to pick him up from school, I went to the wrong one. I am not a good father but definitely a responsible one. My son is utterly afraid of me; he respects and listens to me. I don't think that I will be called a good daddy just by fetching my son to and from school. It's hard for someone like me. If I had sent him to school everyday, I don't think I will be who I am today."

He added, "There was once when I received a call from him while I was filming in Hengdian. You have to understand that he seldom calls me. And when he does, he is either asking for a ticket to watch the NBA match or that he has crashed my car.

"That day he called me to wish me Happy Father's Day! I sprouted some vulgarities and shouted at him: "Next time don't call me! Don't call me on Father's Day; don't call me on my birthday! Call me on usual days, do you get it?" And I hung up the phone immediately. I don't remember my parents' birthdays and I am not exceptionally nice only on Father's Day and Mother's Day. Everyday is like an occasion to me."

Last year, Jaycee told Xin.sg in an exclusive interview that he would be "digging his own grave" to be seeking his parents' advice on work issues. Ever since he was a child, his father only compliments him for one out of the hundred things he does.Jaycee also said that he has a few of his father's songs in his car only for show and plays them when his dad is with him. On hearing this, Chan laughed, "If it's true, I'll slap him twice on his face when I return home."


Poor Jaycee. He seems like a great person, to be raised by such a father really makes me feel bad for him. Since when was calling your father on Father's Day such a bad thing? It just shows you love him! Apparently, Jackie Chan can't waste such as a single second with his son, even if his son is just expressing how he appreciates his father. But for what? To get abused verbally or maybe physically by his father?


Believe it or not, Jackie Chan was in all seriousness talking about these situations with his son. At least he was able to admit that he's wrong. (Kind of?) I'm really not surpised. Everything I read about Jackie Chan outside of his amazing appearances in films makes me disappointed and lose respect for him. Just like the time I had heard that he got 1990 Miss Asia Pageant winner Elaine Ng pregnant even though he was already married & now has a daughter. (Who he probably doesn't see to often either and just sends them money every now and then)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home